Wednesday, February 07, 2007

1

Alice sighed wearily. "I think you might do something better with the time," she said, than wasting it in asking riddles that have no answers."

But what happens when you have nothing to do with your time? When you have too much time and too little to do, riddles find you. Upon waking, going to sleep, and every hour in between. And when this happens, all the time you have in your hands is spent trying to find answers.

Answers.. I have gone from being certain with every angle of my life to utter bewilderment. My life has become filled with questions, it seems that finding answers has become every waking moment's purpose. I have searched within myself to looking for it in different places. Trying but somehow always failing to find the answers to questions. Running away from them yet somehow always finding myself face to face with riddles that seem to have no answers.

Is there ever really an answer to questions we ask? Or is life supposed to be a question, a riddle, that has no answer?

True to form, I am clueless. From where I stand, I can see question marks following my every move. Somewhere between certainty and confusion, I got lost. And so her I am. In a world where I like to call my wonderland.

And while some may define wonderland as utopia, paradise, seventh-heaven, mine is a labyrinthe of my mind's twists and turns. An alternate world which I try to blindly explore. A place that exists between reality and fantasy.

If life is indeed a riddle to answer, and mine is filled with questions, maybe you can find your answers in mine. And maybe, just maybe, somewhere along the way we can all reach a place that can reconcile our reality and fantasy. Who knows? Until then, humor me, and let's all waste some time in wonderland...

No comments: